The On Ship section helps answer key questions such as:
- What is the vessel ETA? When is my container arriving to port?
- Are there any customs or shipline hold issues, or fees due that would delay the ability for trucking partners to pick up the container?
- Do I have a trucking partner assigned? *
Important information, such as ETA, Fees Due, Holds and container availability status are update automatically and in real-time, so you always have the most up-to-date information without having to refresh and recheck.
To access the On Ship tab, select Containers > On Ship from the navigation at the top of the page.
On Ship Page Details
- B/L Number - Master bill of lading number
- Ref # - Internal customer reference number
- Origin - Terminal / pick up location
- Destination - Delivery location
- Customer - Customer name
- Steamship Line - Steamship line and vessel name
- Vessel Arrival - Vessel ETA. ETA will be updated automatically for any changes.
- Container Number
- Container Type - Container size & type
- Container Status - Status information is updated automatically.
-- No Status - Container status not yet available; common for ETAs 7 days+ away.
-- On Ship - Container is on the water
- Holds - Customs and shipline holds information will update automatically
-- Customs - Customs hold is placed on a container
-- Customs Pending - Customs release has not been processed, yet
-- USDA - USDA hold is placed on a container
-- Freight - Shipline hold is placed on a container
-- Freight Pending - Shipline release has not been received by the terminal
- Fees - Fees due that will prevent a container from being available for pick up, such as terminal gate fees, demurrage, customs fees, will be displayed and updated automatically.
- Trucker Assigned - Dispatched trucker *
* These features are available for truckers that are signed-up with our system. Reach out to us using the Chat button or email [email protected] to learn more.